(M2) Justification of Media Choices

The brief for the Bubble and Fizz advertisement campaign covers many things such as the target audience, the target age, the colour theme and aims and objectives of the advertisement. The rest of the brief is up to me to decide on, so here I will justify all of the choices I have made, and explain how they will fit to the brief and become beneficial for the product through the advertisement.

Brand Theme - 

The brand theme is a broad topic, but can be put into sections such as colour theme, design theme and lifestyle, which I will justify my choices for. 

Colour Theme - 

For the colour theme, the brief explicitly states that the colours used should be orange and pink. This means that I must incorporate both these ideas into my design as the client has said that's exactly how they want it. This means that I have chosen to make my design a visually pleasing gradient between both colours, or I could also use a more harsh, yet more fun twist between the colours.

Design Theme - 

The design theme I have chosen for this advertisement campaign is a bold, friendly design which will definitely be more approached to the target audience. This is because the younger age of the audience will prefer the bolder modern modern design. This design will take inspiration from oasis, but will have a more 'instagrammable' style.

Lifestyle - 

There is then the lifestyle of the drink. I have chosen a healthy lifestyle for my drink, as this is another explicit requirement for the target audience, as they are described as healthy and adventurous, so I will need to incorporate both themes into my drink. I am going to focus on the healthy lifestyle more than the adventurous lifestyle as I think that it is more appropriate for the drink. I will make sure to use this style by involving healthy fruits in my designs, and highlighting on the fact that the dink is sugar free.

This is an example of an advertisement for Oasis. This is exactly the style I would want to go for with my advertisement, as it has the style and theme but also fits within the colour scheme and style of the drink. This advertisement will be the art style that I will use in my advertisement, as it is bold and colourful, and most of all it conveys the fruity colour theme that I associate with the brand we have been briefed for.

This advertisement idea could be done in photoshop, as it uses a fairly simple idea and graphic to get across an easy message. This advertisement is more comedic however mine may not be.



Target Audience - 

The target audience of Bubble and Fizz is an explicit requirement in the client brief. The client says that the target audience of this advertisement should be 18-24 year old's, who are fit and healthy and 'adventurous', which immediately generates a certain style for the drink. The style I have chosen for the drink is a very bright, bubbly and colourful design. This design will have a main focus on fruits which promotes the healthy and tasteful style that the drink will follow. This links directly to the target audience, as it promotes the healthy style whilst also fitting in the age target we have been given, as the bright colours are more likely to aim towards a younger target audience. The target audience are also active people, who are more likely to use social media daily. This means that our drink will have a stylish side to it, which means that people would want to buy it as they like the title that they get with having the drink. This will be effective as the style and lifestyle associated with the drink could be a reason for people to buy it.


Mood Board - 

This is the mood board I have created for my drinks brand. The styles in this mood board fit within the theme nicely, as they use the correct colours and have the healthy touch to them. The logo I would like to take inspiration from is Dunkin Donuts and Oasis. Specifically, the Dunkin Donuts logo uses a colour scheme that is perfect for my advertisement.

The fonts at the top are from DaFont. However, depending on how I take my design I may create the logo myself which will include me creating the font myself. This means that I will not need to reference where I have got my font from.

Choices of Media - 

For my media choices I have chosen a social media advertisement, a Newspaper advertisement and a Billboard advertisement. Each of these means of advertisements has positives and negatives. I have used three different advertising types so that I can appeal to my audience in different ways, and each advertisement I use will have a different outcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(P4) Create the Media Components to be used in the Advertisement Campaign

(P2) Planning of a Cross Media Campaign

(P3) Create a Pre-production Plan for the Media Components in the Planned Advertisement Campaign